The hat was really a lot easier to put together than I had anticipated. This video really helped make it that way Threadbanger on YouTube. The materials were not costly at all. I had a lot already around the house. I purchased a posterboard and feather. The rest I already had. The hat pins were made with the same wire that I used to make the brim of the hat. I used red cloth underneath the cream lace. I hot glued buttons to the wire and then attached to the hat. The hat, itself, was spray painted green, gold and black.
I took white cotton material and stained it with tea to give it more of an aged look. I added an elastic band to keep the hat on her head because it was really heavy.
Well, if she decides to have a hat in her costume this year I can definitely be more confident making one. Give it a try. It was much easier than it may appear and a lot of fun:)
You Had Me At Craft