Thursday, February 16, 2012

Exploring Cricut Daily Project -Sweet Cherries

Good Morning! Today is my day to share at Exploring Cricut. I decided to make a larger card than normal and am glad I did. Sometimes you just need a little more room:) I used Lyrical Letters for the cherries and while I love this cartridge there are no layers for the cuts. So, Gypsy to the rescue. I duplicated and hid certain pieces that I would not need to make the cherries.

For the green leaf, I positioned it on the mat so only the leaf in green would cut and I wasn't wasting paper. This can also be done if you have Design Studio or the new Craft Room. I find it really helps to get the most out of my cartridges when I can manipulate the cuts.

I hand cut the white paper to put the sentiment on and created the paisley paper using my Cuttlebug and chalks. I chalked around the sentiment as well.


Recipe:
5 x 7 base
Cherries - Lyrical Letters 3.47"
Scallop Circle and White Circle - Straight from the Nest 6.75", 6.40"
Sentiment - Hero Arts
Pattern Paper - Little Yellow Bicycle, DCWV
Embossing folder Cuttlebug Perfect Paisley and Seeing Spots
Felt, chalk, black ink, pop dots, ribbon, Glossy Accents

Don't forget there is still time to enter the challenge at Exploring Cricut!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Annette

5 comments:

Amy said...

Really sweet card & sentiment!! I love being able to not waste paper too- although it makes me keep EVERY scrap- and then you have drawers full of scraps (at least I do) :)Amy

Scrapping Girl said...

I forget there is more on Lyrical Letters than just letters! Love the sentiment with the cherries!

Sharon said...

Love the cherries!! I don't what I'd do without my Gypsy Girl to manipulate cuts. I love how you made your paisley paper. Fantastic card!!!! :)

Leah said...

Yummy, sweet card! Love the layers. TFS

Lisa said...

This is so pretty!! I love all of the layers!! What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I'm a happy new follower :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts