Monday, January 28, 2013

Exploring Cricut - 1,2,3!

Hello! Happy Monday to you all. It is an Exploring Cricut challenge week. The challenge is to create a card, layout or project with 1 embellishment, 2 patterned papers and 3 Cricut cuts

I needed some thank yous for my birthday a couple weeks ago so I decided to create a gate fold. I knew I wanted to use Straight From the Nest for my main image. I rarely use the sample cards in the front of the books, but really liked this style. So, I scaled it down to fit into an A2 envelope and created this one.


I am really pleased at how well my Cricut cut the intricate parts. I would suggest a fairly sticky mat and a newer blade when cutting pieces that have a lot of small items. I think the slider is a different addition on a card and hope to use it again soon.

The pattern papers are subtle, but you can click on the picture to make it larger and see the patterns a little better. I laid my cards out on my Gypsy and they were done very quickly:)

Recipe:
A2 cardbase
Papers - DCWV Garden Party and Bazzill
Slider - Straight From the Nest 1.43"
Sentiment - Cindy Loo 1"
Corner Decorations- Straight From the Nest 1.24"

Thanks for stopping by and hope you decide to join in the fun at Exploring Cricut this week.

Annette

9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty!Lee-Ann :)

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the gate-fold design!! What an awesome card!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Such a lovely card my friend! Love the gatefold and pretty colors you used. And, what a fab job you did on those tiny little detailed cuts - just beautiful!

Sharon said...

Oh so very pretty!! Love the gate fold and that great slider!! The colors are so pretty, too. :)

Diane said...

Love your card! Have a great week.

Ian said...

Your card is stunning! I love the fact that you used ribbon to hold the tag on the front. Wonderful! :)

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful I love the design and the way it opens

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

mum of two said...

Annette, this is stunning! I love the color combo! That soft blue is just gorgeous. TFS :)

Michelle (DT sister)
Purple Monkey Moments

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a great cut! Nice color and design! Carri~Abusybee