Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The '90s - ZoBoomaFoo

It's my oldest last Father/Daughter Dance and the Seniors got to choose the themes. Since they were born in the 90's they thought it would be fun to choose that decade.  I have to say this was the easiest year for me in gathering costume pieces and am so glad I purchased the Silhouette. 

One of my daughter's favorite shows was Zoboomafoo. When she said she wanted to do that as her theme I really didn't remember the show until she started telling me about it. I searched the internet and found lots of great images from this old PBS show. 


To create the cute lemur image I chose a black and white image and colored it all with the Silhouette. I used the Heat Transfer Material specifically for the Silhouette and it was so simple. After cutting it out, I just adhered it  with an iron to their shirts.  

On the front of the shirts I found another black and white image, colored it in and cut it out again. The Transfer Material has 5 white sheets included in the packaging and I chose the one that was for color images. 

They had a great time and could dance the night away, especially in the Senior Dance Off without any encumbering costume pieces. If you remember from years past they have been Tacky Prom (my husband had pink platform shoes on), Little Bo Peep and Woody (my daughter had the big hoop and bonnet), and Queen of Hearts and The Mad Hatter (top hat and tails). Great memories!

Thanks for stopping by!

Annette






3 comments:

Lisa said...

The shirts look so awesome!! You did a fabulous job with the images!! How fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Life and Knits said...

OMG, these are beyond great!

Susie

Nana said...

They turned out amazing. You did a fantastic job on the coloring of the images. I know they will enjoy them.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥