Thursday, April 25, 2013

Exploring Cricut Graduation Candy Markers

Hello! It's my turn again to share with you at Exploring Cricut. I have a senior this year and have been working on getting the open house party ready.  We are going to have a candy area with cupcakes at the party and I wanted to have a way to let people know what kind of candy they could choose from.


Instead of choosing her school colors, she chose yellow and turquoise. I used Elegant Edges to create my markers. I would suggest you make sure the cut you choose will stand on its own. I just liked the shape of these and when I scored them noticed the point in the middle, obviously not good for standing up. No worries. I just snipped the middle to have it squared off and they stand perfectly on there own now!


The candy was cut out in white and then I colored them in with Copic Markers and Stickles. This was so much easier than trying to glue little pieces together. I ran the candy through the Xyron after I colored them. For the wording, I used clear Avery labels and ran them through the printer instead of using the Center point feature on my Cricut. I know many of you probably have great luck with this feature. I have never quite mastered it and since time is of the essence, this worked great for me. 

Hope this gave you some graduation ideas. I will be post pictures of the whole tablescape after the party which is 2 weeks away. 

Recipe:
Marker Elegant Edges 3.20
Doodlecharms 1.20
Stickles, Copic Markers

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to enter the challenge! 

Annette


3 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great idea!!! These are really cute. Would work for any type of party. :)

Lisa said...

These are so creative and adorable!! Love them!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Super cute idea. TFS


Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's