Monday, June 3, 2013

Exploring Cricut - National Ice Cream Month

Happy Monday!! This is the first Monday of summer at my household and what better way to celebrate than  with ice cream!! It is time for another challenge at Exploring Cricut. This challenge recognizes June as the National Ice Cream Month. You are to create a card, layout or papercraft using some kind of ice cream or popsicle. Make sure to remember your Cricut on your project and have fun:)

I decided to create a birthday card for the occasion using Simply Charmed. Using my Gypsy, I hid the face and also the dash marks for the ice cream placement. The chalk was added to the cheeks and I used a Copic to color in the mouth.


I ran the black mat through my Cuddlebug and then used white ink to give some dimension to the images.

Recipe:
A2 cardbase
Ice cream cone - Simply Charmed 3.38"
Happy Birthday embossing folder - Cuddlebug
Face - PK Happy Lashes Stamp
White ink, black ink, peach chalk and Copic marker

You have until Saturday to enter the challenge and we can't wait to see what you come up with. Need more inspiration? Check out my DT sisters:)

Thank you for stopping by!!

Annette


7 comments:

Georgiana said...

Ice cream sure puts a smile on my face too.

Diane said...

Cute, cute card! Love the face too.

Scrapping Girl said...

This is the first day of summer vacation for my two younger kids, due to all the snow days. They are VERY happy guys! My oldest has summer school which starts tomorrow-he's not such a happy guy, lol! We had some ice cream last night to celebrate though! love your embossed background and the white to highlight the words a bit-looks fantastic! And I LOVE the face on the cone!
Michelle

Sharon said...

Love your card Annette!! The face on your ice cream cone is just fabulous. Love the colors, too. And that embossed bg is great!!! :)

Liz O. said...

Love your card Annette!! The distress background looks fabulous it really makes the ice cream pop! Well done!

Have a wonderful day!
Liz

teachermom5 said...

What a happy little ice cream! I love the image you chose and the Peachy face is too cute.

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY CUTE!!!