Thursday, January 16, 2014

Exploring Cricut - Pink Birdie

Hello! How has your week been going? I think I am finally getting over this walking pneumonia. Geez, it lasts a long time. Hope you all are staying warm and healthy! I am sharing today at Exploring Cricut and I have a sweet thank you from a very cute pink birdie. 

Even though I use my Gypsy or CCR to create I still browse through my books I have stored alphabetically in photo boxes. It really helps when making sure you are getting all the layers needed or you would just like to see the images in multicolors. Books can also be stored on Ipads, Iphones, Nook etc. so they are really at your fingertips. At the cricut.com website there are digital pdf files of each book that can be downloaded to your devices.


So, I came across this sweet birdcage from Straight from the Nest but really wanted a stand too. 

Click to view full size image

I then went to my Gypsy search and typed in birdcage and came up with quite a few to choose from and decided on this one from 3 Birds on Parade.

Click to view full size image

Using my Gypsy, I flipped the Straight From the Nest bird to face the other direction and then cut the birdcage off of 3 Birds on Parade so that I could use the more decorative one. I joined the cage and stand together with a pink brad. 

Recipe:
A2 card base
Bird stand - 3 Birds on Parade 
Bird Cage and Bird - Straight from the Nest
Bird Cage - BoBunny Polka Dot Paper
Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye
Ribbon, Diamond Stickles

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to add your creation to our Winter Wonderland Challenge!

Annette

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card and great use of multiple carts. I need to do that more often. Tfs

Sharon said...

Your card is so very pretty Annette. I love the birdcage. And the pattern paper is fabulous. :)

teachermom5 said...

So glad you are feeling better. This turned out just wonderful.

Scrapping Girl said...

This is darling, Annette! Glad you are finally kicking the germs-we are seeing SO much bad pneumonia this year at the hospital where I work.

I am SOOO sad about Archievers closing. I went last week and spent way too much, since they had the 25% off everything in the store. I really don't know where to shop now, as Michaels and JoAnns have downsized the scrapbooking supplies so much. Hobby Lobby is about the only place with much to look at and they don't carry a lot of the paper lines. Are there any local scrapbook stores in your part of the metro to check out? There aren't any in the Northland that I know of. Everyone I know shopped at Archievers. Guess I will be doing more internet shopping in the future, but I'll confess I really like to touch and see the paper first! :(
Michelle