Thursday, April 24, 2014

Exploring Cricut and More - Birthday Box Card

Hello Everyone! I'm sharing today over at Exploring Cricut and More. I created another of Lori Whitlock's cute 3d box cards. I think they are super fun to create and really the hardest is picking the papers you would like to choose. The design is all done for you!


This was a birthday card for my nephew so my colors were chosen based on a teenage boy. There was one candle on the cake that I decided to snip off. I think there is still so much detail on the cake that it is not needed. Another fun idea I thought of, after I was done, was welding the number of the birthday or anniversary to the cake. 


I used gold Stickles for the banner instead of real brads. Either works great! I inked up the stars and the yellow banner pieces so they would stand out a little more.

Recipe:
Lori Whitlock Silhouette Online Store #56156
Doublesided Scrap Papers
Gold Stickles, Pumpkin Tim Holtz ink


Thanks for stopping by!

Annette


3 comments:

Martha Herrera said...

This is so cute! I love everything about it.
I wish I had the silhouette :(

Scrapping Girl said...

This looks so cool-makes me wish I had a Cameo! I love everything Lori Whitlock designs and this card just looks spectacular! I like your idea of adding the number to the top of the cake! Aren't you enjoying the fabulous weather today?
:)

Michelle

Sharon said...

Fabulous box card Annette!!!! :)