Thursday, August 28, 2014

Exploring Cricut and More- Seek the Heights

Hello! Hope your day is off to a great start! I am sharing at Exploring Cricut and More today and have a fun project that my oldest wanted to make for her sorority little. 

This was super easy to make and the reason was contact paper. Now you can use vinyl too, but let's face it contact paper is more reasonable when you are just using it for a mask to paint.

I created this balloon using an svgcuts.com image and AR Cena font from my computer. I wanted the sentiment to curve around the balloon and wasn't sure how to do this. I found this video on youtube.com and it was perfect.


I separated the image pieces for the balloon so that I would have masks for each part. Acrylic paint was used on the canvas and dried very quickly. The contact paper worked great. It didn't pull the paint up between colors and it definitely gave nice crisp lines. Just make sure you get all the bubbles out and it lays down flat before beginning to paint over it.

This was a 12 x 12 canvas and the image was almost 9.5" tall with the letters measuring a little over 1" tall. I did add a little more space between the letters. Under Text Style, at the bottom, is a slider bar that says character spacing. You can choose how close or far apart you would like your letters.

Remember to join in our challenge this week! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Annette

3 comments:

Martha Herrera said...

Super cute card! I like how the sentiment curves...very nice.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a great project to inspire others! I love canvas projects, but haven't tried painting like this. I'm ready to give it a go! Thanks for sharing with us!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Annette!!! I love it! :)