Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exploring Cricut Daily Challenge - School Days

Hello! I'm glad you came by because today is my day to share at Exploring Cricut. I decided to  make a title page for a school album. This was a lot of fun because I used quite a few cartridges. This is for an album spanning preschool through 8th grade so I tried to have young items as well as older like the lock for middle school.

I wanted a schoolhouse with a bell, but none of my carts had that. No worries, gypsy to the rescue. I found a house in Lyrical Letters and cut the chimney off. Paper Dolls for Everyday is where I found a shape that would be good for a school bell. I welded the two together. Now, comes the funny. The bell is actually an elbow pad. Yes, an elbow pad. It is from page 57 under Accessories 2. I reshaped it by widening and now it is a bell.

The science beakers were only attached to the colored papers so that the vellum would not discolor. I also used vellum behind the holes of the recorder. You can click on the picture to enlarge.



I used Argyle and Swiss Dots to make the lettering a little more interesting to look at, and hopefully stand out a little more.



The lock was fun to make. Originally I was going to make the lock with the silver paper, but decided that maybe having only the button with that paper would give more depth. I chose the teal because my daughter had a lock this color:)



Recipe:
Chalkboard - George and Basic Shapes 4.74" and 4.07"
Chalk and Eraser - George and Basic Shapes 0.54" and 0.69" 
Scissors - Simply Charmed 4.18"
Crayons - Simply Charmed 4.29"
School - Lyrical Letters 11.71" 
Bell - Paper Dolls for Everday 9.72"
Globe - Locker Talk 3.71"
Lock - Locker Talk 4.80"
Recorder - Locker Talk 2.53"
School Days - 3 Birds On Parade 1.31"
ABC abc - A Child's Year 1.12"
Science Beaker - Locker Talk 3.35"
Argyle and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folders

If you are looking for a way to control school albums check out my post from yesterday where I showed how I cleaned up my kids books.

Don't forget we have a challenge right now at Exploring Cricut to create a box using your Cricut. I hope to see some of your wonderful creations too:)


Thanks for stopping by!


Annette

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great job! Love all the cool items to make your album cover complete!

Sharon said...

Fantastic school layout!! Love all of the cuts! :)

Unknown said...

This is an AWESOME layout for your cover!! I LOVE all the little images you put on it!!

SUPER JOB!!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com